News & Events
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As you may be aware, the Bishop has permitted the Churches in our Diocese to reopen beginning June 1st. This opening will start with many guidelines from the Diocese and the State which need to be followed to keep everyone safe.
The Daily Mass will begin on Tuesday, June 2nd at the 8:30 AM Mass which will be celebrated in the Church so we can accommodate everyone and to keep with the social distancing of 6 feet apart. The seating for Daily Mass will be in the Baptismal Font Section.
The Weekend Mass Schedule will change for the time being, so we have enough time to clean the pews and church after each Mass. The church is allowed 30% occupancy so we will only have seating for 135 people. The Saturday Mass will be celebrated at 5:00PM and 7:30PM (Spanish) and the Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 9:30AM and Noon.
The following are guidelines for the Mass:
• Enter the Church through Parking Lot Side Entrance ONLY
• Exit from the Church through Front Center Doors ONLY. If you are handicapped or need assistance in any way, please wait and someone will help you exit via the handicapped entrance.
• Parishioners must always wear a mask or face covering.
• Children must remain with parents at all times.
• Pews will be taped off and marked to help with the 6 feet distancing mandate.
• Families in same Household may seat together.
• No Gathering outside or inside of the Church.
• Access to back hallway and bathrooms will not be available.
• Breaking Bread Hymnals and Missalettes will be removed from pews.
• Elimination of Sign of Peace will be maintained.
• Communion Procession and Procedures will be changed, so please follow instructions.
• Communion received in hand only and only in one form. There will be no cup at this time.
• Dismissal will be row by row to keep with the 6 feet distancing and no crowding at the exits.
• Updates will be announced weekly before Mass.
The State still encourages those over the age of 65 and those with comprised health conditions to remain at home. The Bishop has continued his dispensation from the requirement to attend Sunday Mass until further notice. We will continue to live stream the Mass and you can view on facebook.com/olfnewcastle.com for the near future.
We are very much looking forward to being with you and we thank you for your patience as together we work our way through our new guidelines
Sincerely yours in Christ, Rev. Msgr. George Brubaker
Time, Talent & Treasure Flyer: Time, Talent & Treasure flyer
Altar Servers: Wanted!! Please see insert. Altar Server flyer
Lenten Brochures for Reflection
Lenten Family calendar 2017
Papal msg sick 2017
World Day of Sick Prayer-Cards-NACC
Shelter the Homeless
Holy Week & Easter Flyer
Corporal Work of Mercy To Clothe the Naked
Counsel the Doubtful
To Give Drink to the Thirsty
Parish Financial Report
Jesus is the face of the Father's Mercy
Peacemaking through Music
World Day of Prayer for Vocations
St Anslem April 21
Check out the website to purchase your order online at http://www.glscrip.com/index.aspx. Our code is ALF7194816455 if you are purchasing online or for a complete list of retailers. Scrip Program Details (PDF)
Our Lady of Fatima Parish Fair will be held from July 9th through July 14th. Please join us!
Our Lady of Fatima Church
801 North duPont Boulevard,
New Castle, Delaware 19720
(302) 328-3431 Fax: (302) 328-6318
Sunday Masses (held in Church):
Sunday: 9:30am & 12 Noon
Saturday: 5:00pm & 7:00pm (Spanish)
Confessions are held from 3:30 to 4:30pm each Saturday in the chapel before 5pm Mass beginning June 20th.
Daily Masses (held in Chapel):
Monday to Friday: 8:30am
Today’s Mass Readings