“Liturgy is like a strong tree whose beauty is derived from the continuous renewal of its leaves, but whose strength comes from the old trunk, with solid roots in the ground.” – Pope Paul VI
At Our Lady of Fatima we are guided through the liturgical documents of the Church and approved by the Diocesan of Wilmington guidelines, the Liturgy Department coordinates the liturgical life of Our Lady of Fatima parish with the guidance of our Pastor. The Liturgy office is responsible for determining goals and specific objectives for the liturgical life of our parish in conjunction with the pastoral plan. The Liturgy office is responsible for the scheduling of ministers to serve at the Masses, including Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Music Ministers, Ushers and Altar Servers. The liturgy office is responsible for the following:
- Promoting and developing the prayer life of the community through proper liturgical practice.
- Coordinating the liturgical life of the parish.
- Guiding and advising the parish on liturgical issues.
- Preparing Sacramental celebrations.
- Coordinating sacramental, liturgical and devotional celebrations of the parish.
- Evaluating the liturgical life and celebrations of the parish.
By virtue of baptism, each of us is called to minister to the needs of one another. One way to serve is through one of the Liturgical Ministries. To meet the spiritual needs of our community and to make our liturgies truly life-giving celebrations requires the gifts of everyone. Our hope is that you will prayerfully consider becoming a part of one of these ministries.